Monday, January 30, 2017

3D Class S2 Class 03 Hard Surface Modeling Project (High res Section)

For this week we modeled a high res version of a gun. I choose to do a German Mauser C96.

I decided to take what I learned from last week and model the gun in Fusion 360. Fusion was great for making hard surface models, but I ran into a couple issues with it. Since the program is cloud based I was unable to work for a block of several hours on Sunday while the program was undergoing maintenance. I also ran into some weird save issues, but overall I do really enjoy Fusion for hard surface work.



After I finished my model I decided to take it into Zbrush to dynamesh it, polish it, and will do some additional sculpting details on it.


Here's my final renders from Fusion itself.






















Once I finished all of that I took my gun into Zbrush to add additional detailing.

I then rendered it out again in Fusion.


No comments:

Post a Comment