Tuesday, September 20, 2016

2D Assignment 4: Composition and Layout

For this week we looked at various compositions and had to create an illustration of our choice using one of the following composition types.






















I decided on the rule of thirds...originally I had planned for a radial composition, but it turned more into the rule of thirds as I progressed on the project.

For mine I first started with some thumbnail sketching:

Then once I decided on my composition I did a quick mock up in Maya to use as a reference:



And here's the final illustration:























Overall I spent about 1 hour concepting and mocking up in Maya and then about 3 hours painting the final image.

1 comment:

  1. We talked about some of the changes in class. Very nice work on the image.

    ReplyDelete